Have you ever noticed how some people tend to use the same phrases or word choices? I had a boss many years ago who always said "and again" in meetings (I used to count, it would get excessive - as in 40 times in a 30 minute meeting). I am sure I do something similar, especially when I am reading a series of books by 1 author and I accidently pick up their jargon.
My therapist I've noticed uses a couple words on regular basis, I'm not sure if they are more common for the field or personal, but it's interesting. One of them is "Challenge". As in, I would 'challenge' this or that line of thinking or action. I find that I like that word. Per Dictionary.com, this is the results for Challenge:
chal·lenge/ˈtʃæl ɪndʒ/ Show Spelled [chal-inj] Show IPA noun, verb, chal·lenged, chal·leng·ing, adjective.
1. a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.
2. something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc.: Space exploration offers a challenge to humankind.
3. a call to fight, as a battle, a duel, etc.
4. a demand to explain, justify, etc.: a challenge to the treasurer to itemize expenditures.
5. difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to one engaged in it.
6. Military . the demand of a sentry for identification or a countersign.
7. Law. a formal objection to the qualifications of a particular juror, to his or her serving, or to the legality of an entire jury. Compare peremptory challenge.
8. the assertion that a vote is invalid or that a voter is not legally qualified.
9. Biology . the process of inducing or assessing physiological or immunological activity by exposing an organism to a specific substance.
10. Hunting. the crying of a hound on finding a scent.
verb (used with object)
11. to summon to a contest of skill, strength, etc.
12. to take exception to; call in question: to challenge the wisdom of a procedure.
13. to demand as something due or rightful.
14. Military . to halt and demand identification or countersign from.
15. Law. to take formal exception to (a juror or jury).
That's a lot of definition for one word. It's a multifaceted word, that's for sure. (oh gods, for sure, sounds soooo VALLEY)
The one thing about therapy that I am not sure on, is that it makes me think. I mean, think a lot about what I want to talk about, think about what my therapist says when I ask for insight or understanding on things, think about the direction I want to move towards. I guess I am learning to Challenge myself a lot, without realizing that was part of what I was doing.
--> Side Note: Isn't it a trip when you realize something AS you are writing it??
Because as I was talking to my therapist last night and then talking to one of my friends on the way home and talking to the husband once home...and I swear I think way more when taking showers than should be allowed, I wonder what the hell am I thinking!! What direction am I going in? Why do I do the things I do (isn't that a song lyric or something, or similar?) Why am I doing this, all of this? And then I remind myself why, and of course this leads to more questioning of it - like, but what happens IF. I think I hate those questions in my head. I really hate IF questions. Not IF excel formula's, those I love. But life questions with IF should be banned from my brain. Because I think it's those IF questions that lead me down a darker thought path than is needed. Which is annoying to no end. Because I don't want a darker path, that does not serve me or my family in any positive way at the moment.
The therapy session, overall, was good, I learned and am re-learning things. I love gaining insight.
And in other news...
Finished one book last night and started another. Yeah, love me some reading :)
Work: Still construction going on. Had a headache last night, which might have due to all the thinking or from the jack hammers, it's up for debate. I am still sorta bored at work. Oh, which reminds me I got a call about another job, not sure what kind or details yet, since I need to call them back. But it's nice to know my resume can still draw some sort of attention.
I wore heels today. BAD IDEA. My poor toes are crushed. So the heels will only be on when I have to walk somewhere.
Still updating my GoodReads details, all those freaking dates. That's what I get for listing over 1,000 books read?? Fun times.
Haven't weighed myself in a couple days. Dreading that number. I haven't been able to really walk or do anything. Ugh. I should really at least do my ballet DVD. Something!
I told the husband that I don't want to do or want anything for Valentines day. I rather just get the eggs from Dragcave.net and be happy that way :) Weird, I know. But I think holidays and bdays and whatnot is just too much stress and pressure right now. Plus, our anniversary is in March and I rather have a nice dinner for that instead.
I need a nap, which is going to be hard with all that hammering 5 feet from my desk.