2.27.2013

Book Review: Dying Bites (The Bloodhound Files #1) by D.D. Barant

Dying Bites (The Bloodhound Files, #1)Dying Bites by D.D. Barant
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a unique take on the whole vampire/were/other type of novel. Loved the updated inclusion of golems to boot. In fact, I think one of my favorite characters was the golem, Charlie. For having no real face to speak of, his personality came through quite amazingly.

There is a lot of potential, (which is always good with a 1st book in a series) and I hope that there is more consistency with the next novels. I had a bit of a hard time on how the main character, Jace, was able to just fall right into relationships/life in a completely new universe, parallel or not. Yes, she had struggles adapting but at the same time, not enough.

Some of the other characters, Cassius and Gretchen, seemed ok, and I hope that in the following books in the series their characters get more definition. In this book, the associated positon of the characters vs. personality didn't quite line up.

It kept my interest enough that I do want to read the next book, and hopefully that one leads into another.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment