2.27.2013

Book Review: The Silvered by Tanya Huff

The SilveredThe Silvered by Tanya Huff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I know I've read Tanya Huff in the past but it's been years. At first, the cover and title drew me to this book and I am really really happy that they did.

This story was absolutely amazing. The lead heroine, Mirian, was quick witted, smart and amazingly resolute. Loved her character. I also loved how the Alpha Mage, Danika, was able to keep her group secure and thinking even in the mist of their own personal hell.

For the male leads, I almost wish so many of them didn't go in the beginning, but that would have changed the story too much. Losing them, really built the rest of what was to happen. And those remaining, Thomas (specifically), was young and fresh but also battle worn and instinctive. He is such a good balance to Mirian, even though a lot of it was frustrating! But in a good way.

I really want to read what happens next. It was heart breaking and inspiring, fast paced and non stop pulling towards the unfolding of events. This was a complicated story with many emotions and moving parts.

Loved it



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment