1.14.2013

Book Review: Magic on the Hunt by Devon Monk

Magic on the Hunt (Allie Beckstrom, #6)Magic on the Hunt by Devon Monk


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Book 6 of the Allie Beckstrom is starting to finally get closer to the nut of this series. You learn more about what's really been going on and how what was thought as the big picture, well, it wasn't quite big enough!

I like how Allie seems to be finally be growing deeper as a character. She's not as whiny and always hating on life, she's more a team player and even though she still gets the crap beaten out of her, it's not all about her in this segment.

There is a lot of really good tension, change and action in this novel. I feel like it's better than #5 in this series. Yes, Allie still has a lot of questions and she's slightly behind the curve on the history of the Authority, but there is better fluency between her and the other characters.

I also loved reading more about Shame and Terric. Personally, I am a bit in love with Shame's character.

Overall, I am more excited to read the rest of the novels in this series now :) This was a great kick it up a notch book!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I think Magic in the Shadows was probably my favorite in the series, though I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete