2.19.2015

Stupid Pipes Part 3.77

Ok, my coworker and friend will be coming back hopefully tomorrow to get the pipes completely fixed.

Since today was, ok IS, so fucking cold, I went to Lowe's last night and got some of this type of stuff - Self Sealing Pipe Insulation. I did NOT seal it yet, since we're still working on the pipes. But anything on them is going to help, so I spent a good portion last night getting that done. I want to do ALL the pipes just to help make sure this doesn't happen again. Which means buying more and spending more time in my cellar.



Because, you know. DAMN. Today's high? 14 degree but it feels like -9. Tonight's low is going to be -3 degrees, and if you had in wind chill? Yikes.

Today I put my (thanks again to the boyfriend) portable heater in the kitchen to help keep it warm. I think I might just get one FOR the kitchen during winter, because those floors are always cold!! It's because there is not enough insulation to the outside wall. It's an OLD house.

One of the interesting things is that this PCVP type of pipes can get brittle. So weird! From what I can gather, it's due to age and extreme cold. So good to know all around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment