11.20.2020

Mouse-capades

Story Time!

I get into my office and see that there are mouse droppings on my desk. Gross, but not the end of the world. I clear my desk off and clean it. It looks almost like new. It seems I had also left a toothpick behind and it chomped on that a bit as well. Otherwise, I don't see or hear anything so I go about my morning, doing work and whatnot. A couple hours go by and I go to my bag to get something...and see a brown little mouse face staring at me! I FREAK AND FLING MY BAG. I take a couple breaths and know I can't ignore this. So. I gather my bag up and cautiously look inside and it's just sitting there, staring me some more. I decide to just dump the whole bag outside and hope it doesn't mind. 

Right outside my area, is a picnic table, which is perfect for this de-mousing. It was cold and windy out, but sunny in general. I put the bag on the table and start to open it up (it's one of those drawstring types of openings) and literally, this mouse LEAPT THE FUCK OUT, FLYING FOR ITS FREEDOM! ahahahahahahaha. OMG I have never seen such a thing and I was cracking up.

I still dumped my bag, and I really don't carry a lot of stuff with me in general. Sadly, the only victim in this story was my peanut butter and jelly sandwich I had made that morning. It got a couple bites in before I found it, so hopefully that was able to tide it over until it found something more suitable.

I told my coworkers about this (we are in logistics and mouse/snakes/bugs aren't uncommon in a lot of locations) and one coworker commented how it must have needed that toothpick after it ate the peanut butter. I agreed, it was the crunchy kind after all :)


No comments:

Post a Comment