2.19.2013

Book Review: Always a Witch (Witch #2) by Carolyn MacCullough

Always a Witch (Witch, #2)Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.75 Stars

I enjoyed reading Always a Witch, a fast paced sequal to Once a Witch. I think I would have given it 4 stars (or more) if it felt forward. It read very similar to the first book. It was quite gripping, action packed and incredible. It's a great book to read. I just wanted it to take more of a leap with the characters, have them grow more and not just take a couple of smaller steps instead.

Of course, that being said, there was some serious awesome-ness in this book. The romance factor kicked in a bit more, which just made me grin. I love how Tamsin is so strong in herself, knowing what the right thing to do, even if it's hard. I was nail biting the entire time Tamsin was a "lady's maid".

I really would like to see more of some of the other characters, especially now. I want to know what else is going to happen, even if it's 20 years later and it's Tamsin's kids (just happy wishing). I even want to know what led La Spider's family to it's predicament.

The author is such a great writer, that you have to read the entire book and then you still want more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment