2.19.2013

Book Review: Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) by Gail Carriger

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)Soulless by Gail Carriger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was surprised by this book. I did enjoy reading it quite a bit and I wasn't expecting that.

Being that it's the first book in a series, the author did a good job in the world building as well as the character development. Even the repeated mention of Alexia's Italian heritage and her nose seemed to flow pretty well. Normally, that type of repitition would annoy me, however, since the time frame is more of that historical Victorian, I would not have been surprised by this to actually happen.

I particularly liked the witty and sharp banter between the characters. The plot was different and original; even how the state of affairs for those of the supernatural I found intriguing. Not to mention that so many different aspects of genres was woven into this novel. It was well put together, which is not an easy feat.

It was an easy and light read, something that you could enjoy but not become engrossed in (as compared to Michelle Sagara West for instance).

I am looking forward to reading the rest of the novels in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment