2.12.2013

Book Review Dark Currents (Agent of Hel #1) by Jacqueline Carey

Dark Currents (Agent of Hel, #1)Dark Currents by Jacqueline Carey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a truly Urban Fantasy blend of a tale by a very talented writer. I've read most of Jacqueline Carey's other books so I was excited to see this new novel, especially in an Urban Fantasy setting.

The intriguing mystery story merged with Carey's world building skills, with some dark under tones. But this is a really solid world, that while reading it, you can feel like you're part of the story. Always a trade mark for me when I find an author who writes to the readers.

The characters were strong, well defined. The story line was complicated enough that you certainly don't get bored.

The main female character was young, but strong. Smart but realistic. She's a great blend of life flinging you the hard stuff and you keep on going, because that's just what you do.

Really enjoyed reading this!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment