1.22.2013

Book Review: Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

Spell of the Highlander (Highlander, #7)Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I actually read this book first, out of the series, by accident. Even though I could tell that there were some history with the other characters, it certainly didn't take away from this story.

The leading female character, Jesse St. James, strong-independent-smart, but also annoying. The leading male character, Cian, is a 9th century somewhat cave man-ish but hunky male. I liked how he was selfless about what needed to be done, but not how he sometimes treated Jesse.

I did like the fact that Jesse was immune to his and others magical charms. That part of the plot worked for me and I think made the story more interesting.

It was an easy, magical romantic read with some action thrown in. It didn't seem like an amazingly written must be read book, but it was very enjoyable.

Now I just need to read the rest of the series.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment